Our Motto:

Dulcius ex Asperis (sweeter after struggle)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Catching Up as the Vancouver Olympics Wind Down






How about that hockey game last night (Canada vs Slovakia)??@!!! I am guessing it may take my son in law a few weeks to recover after the excitement of the last minute of the game!

I'm still working on finding food that people love for breakfast. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for my ego!), they are invariably kind and say positive things - but it doesn't help me figure out the perfect breakfast. And, of course, it's very subjective - what one person loves, another may not like at all. This morning I tried Eggs Benny on Potato Latkes with Canadian Bacon on the side. One of our guests had requested plain eggs and fruit, so this was the closest we could come! The starter was Apple Walnut Muffins, fresh squeezed orange juice and garnish of lemon & green grapes - trying to keep it simple for them. Here are a few photos of our menu offerings in the last couple of days. The red circle is a cactus pear, something I've never experimented with before. Also, a photo of the German Apple Pancake with Honey Garlic Sausages from yesterday (I managed to recover my lost photos) and Fresh Baked Croissants with Creme Fraiche & Grape Marguerita Jelly (made in my kitchen last summer), accompanied by Apple Raspberry Nectar.


2 comments:

  1. Chuck's not the only one who was having a heart attack during the game, I think we all were!
    Everything looks delicious! I've never seen a cactus pear before, what do they taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones I bought actually didn't have a lot of flavour, but that could be because of importing them from who knows where!

    ReplyDelete