Our Motto:

Dulcius ex Asperis (sweeter after struggle)

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Other Love - Gardening in Beautiful Vancouver!















I can't resist an occasional trip to the garden center, especially when Spring starts to bring out all the amazing cherry blossoms and other bountiful displays of colour in Vancouver - spring fever just overtakes my common sense! I tell my husband that these plants just seem to follow me home - it's really not my fault! But even he couldn't argue with my "find" yesterday! I bought the most amazing, gorgeous, fantastic Magnolia. I'm not really sure where I'm going to plant it in my postage stamp sized garden - already bursting with almost every imaginable local fruit - apple, pear, peach, Japanese plum, cherry, nectarine, apricot, fig (2) and kiwi (2) trees, plus raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, gooseberry, red & black currant plants, not to mention all my favourite flowers and shrubs (and almost every flower and shrub is a favourite at one time or another!). However, I declared bravely that I would chop down an apple or other tree if I had to in order to squeeze in this one more fantastic tree. It's called a "Black Tulip Magnolia" from Monrovia. I'm afraid the colours are not rendering accurately on the computer so use your imagination to see a gorgeous dark shade of purple (definitely not black but very deep and rich)!

No comments:

Post a Comment